Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Life, New Beginning

A fresh start as a PRP (provisionally registered pharmacist) in Kangar, Perlis.


Yesterday was my first day, and there were sooo many forms to fill in. We need to have 3 passport photos, a photocopy of the bank book and also photocopy of KWSP number. For those who are still waiting for posting, I would advise you to get these stuff ready, and even register at your nearest KWSP to save you from all that trouble.


Hospital Tuanku Fauziah is a small hospital, so it's not really busy except if you're assigned to dispensing. Yesterday I helped out at the dispensing desk and had to search for drugs all over the place, not being used to their colour system and also drug classifications. Today, I've been assigned to the TDM (Therapeutic drug Monitoring) Department for 1 month. This is where we screen for Gentamicin, Digoxin, and Theophyllin in the blood. Intersting stuff. Lolz. It's not really busy, and I'm supposed to record down 5 cases a week. Imagine that! That's one case a day!! It takes 15-20 minutes to do one sampling.


The hospital here do not have enough pharmacists, and I heard that all 7 PRPs from last year could not transfer back to their home-states. Well, lets see what happen next year. At least there's 1 grand senior from IMU, and she's quite helpful.


I'm staying with an old couple, and do not have internet connection. I do not foresee myself being online often, except when I'm based in TDM.
My friends, good luck in your posting.


Joe

No comments: