Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 - The Year That Was

2007 was definitely a very eventful year for me. It was very turbulent, many ups and many downs. Memories of this past year will definitely last me a lifetime.

JANUARY - 2007 started with a bang when Philip's room in JBC got banged into and all his personal belongings were stolen. In his heart, he just wanted his final year project (FYP) back. What happened in the coming months was a different matter (ahem!). I think there's no need to remind everyone that Elite Team presented Philip with STEADIST MAN 2007 AWARD for his kind "donation" to our house fund-several months later. Many thanks to the Glasgow Police Force for their efficiency. January was also the month Philip, Acrelaine and I failed our PP3 resit paper. I also remember all of us being very busy with the FYP this month.





FEBRUARY- Celebrated my 24th birthday in Glasgow in style, together with Yin Er. We went for Ceilidh dance organised by Pharmacy Department in the Lord Todd building. That was my first and last ceilidh in Scotland. Foo got really drunk that night, and wanted to eat a raw cabbage! It was my last birthday celebration in university, and all of them were 'steady' enough because there was a class test the following Monday. Cheers mates!




MARCH - What a stressful month. There were countless of exams after exams, the Pharmaceutical Care Report to be handed-in and the biggie "FYP dateline". Thank God that it's now all over.







APRIL - Went on a gay trip to London with Acrix and Kelvin. The most exciting part of this trip was rushing for the bus on the last day of the trip. Luckily we managed to get to Manchester that day. The Champions League match between Man Utd and AS Roma was simply once-in-a- lifetime and I just could believe the atmosphere in Old Trafford. The match ended 7-1 in Man Utd's favour. We were living the dream baby! Dim Sum in Manchester was also outrageously cheap (if you've been in UK long enough)!!






MAY - Had our last bunch of exams in University of Strathclyde, and went on a tour to Ireland (both Northern and South). Seeing the Giant Causeway first-hand, and sitting on the Giant Shoe was a fantastic experience, on top of pouring my first "Perfect Pint". Ok-la I lost to Bar-man Kelvin, but please don't tell anybody...




JUNE - Graduation!! I finally graduated after years of slogging (and playing Dota). As we go on, we'll remember, all the times we laughed together. As our lives changed, from whatever, we will still be, friends forever. I am so thankful to God that all our P104 batchmates have passed their exams, although there were initial hiccups. What can't kill us only makes us stronger. That I learned from failing my PP3 again and again!! Thanks Siau Yong once again for her thoughtful graduation "postcard".






JULY - Joining the TopDeck "Running of the Bulls" tour in Pamplona, Spain was my highlight of the year. I can still remember how crazy the opening ceremony was and the adrenaline rush when I managed to enter the arena. Thanks to FooMan for agreeing to join this tour with me. I won't tell anyone how drunk you were during that trip... Lolz. In July, I also went on a trip to Paris with Jasmine, Doreen Kiu, Acrix and Zhi Yong. Had lots of fun times guys!!





AUGUST - Home sweet home. Back in Malaysia after over a year overseas. I missed home so badly, but when I came back I wanted to be in UK once again. It was nice to see my family and friends once again though. I think I have not been to the KLCC since I came back to Malaysia. Photo was stolen from BadAcrix.




SEPTEMBER - Shockingly posted to Perlis Indera Kayangan. My application choices were Perak (1st choice), Penang (2nd choice) and Sabah (3rd choice). Anyway, I went forth for my first posting to Hospital Tuanku Fauziah in Kangar. First month was lonely and depressing. I cant recall going for so many jogging sessions in my life. My first taste of working as a pharmacist also revealed how much we forget to remember the lessons taught in university.






OCTOBER - Had my first few visitors in Perlis; Lean Ee, Jeffrey Gee and Yin Horng. Finally met up with Lean Ee (an old friend) after over a year. We made a trip to Hat Yai for a holiday and to relax. Yet to blog about this trip.






NOVEMBER - Forensic exam!! At time of posting, the results in Perlis was not yet released. Heartiest congratulations to YingJia, PeiSung, Jasmine, LayHong, JouAnn and YeeShin for passing the exams. All girls?? Lembaga Farmasi is a bit biased.. Lol. It was a tough exam with low passing rate.






DECEMBER - No guesses for where I spent my Winter Solstice Festival (no tang yuan this year) and Christmas (no presents exchanged this year). I will be spending the New Year's Eve and New Year Day working as well. There's no public holiday on 1 January here. I guess I am ending my year on a low note, but I'll survive. Dear friends, when you're unhappy at your workplace, just tell yourself "At least I was not sent to Perlis like Joe Quah". A twist to the old proverb, "When life gives you a sour lemon, make ice-blended lemonade with whip cream on-top"!!

That was a retrospective view on 2007, the year that was. Happy New Year 2008 my dear friends. May all you have a fruitful year to come!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mr joe..i miss u!!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.