Thursday, August 30, 2007

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

Our country is 50 years old! Yay! Are you flying up high your Jalaur Gemilang this Merdeka Day?? All over the country, I seem to notice that the merdeka spirit had somewhat died down since a few years ago. There's this big hooha about 50 years anniversary, yet people are not putting up their flag (including me!!).


There was this one year that EVERYONE was sticking the flags to their cars to profess their love for the country. I remember many cars were asthetically damaged due to the paint coming off with the flag, as the gum was so powerful.


Well, if you love you country, there are many ways. Have you registered as a voter??


My dad is now in charge of registering NEW voters. Details required:


Full Name (as per IC)
IC Number
Address (as per IC)
Telephone number (mobile also can)
Religion


If you send these details to my e-mail (subwoofer202@yahoo.com) or text me (016-5070676), my dad will get you all registered. I hope you trust me enough. I will not use these info for any other purpose. Note that this registration is only for NEW voters who have not registered before. I will send you an e-mail/ SMS when you have been registered.


Alternatively, you can also get registered at the nearest Post Office. The power is yours. This service is basically for lazy bums out there.. Lol.


My drive-home message for you guys out there; If you love you country, exercise your right to VOTE. And make this country a better one. =) I have registered, how about you??

No comments: