Sunday, June 29, 2008

My Interesting Life (Sarcastic)

I stay in Perlis on most weekends. Usually I just sleep in, then spend the whole day reading the newspapers and finishing up my PRP reports & stuff. Seriously I dont have a life!!

Last month, I was invited to volunteer at an orchid festival. I had no idea about orchids, and was never really a fan. But I agreed to help out, as I wanted to see what an orchid "festival" was like. Like seriously, who in the world likes orchids anymore these days? However... I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw...

Here are some pics:





The orchids there were beautiful, as competitors from all over Malaysia (as far as Cameron Highlands and Terengganu) came with their most beautiful prized plants. The top prize was RM3000, and there were numerous supplementary prizes as well. Never knew orchids paid so well!!




My duty was to jot down the results of the judging, like which plant won etc... I saw medals, but had no idea that the medal would put put on the plants!! Isnt medals for humans, or the person who grows them??!!



Winning orchids from Vanda family..



If I'm not mistaken this one is called the "Haadyai Delight", and naturally it was my favorite!! =)




Have a nice week ahead, and Happy Birthday to JT (John Tiong)!!!

No comments: